WHO ARE THE OXFORD LIONS?
The Oxford Lions are part of an international network of
over 45,000 Lions Clubs worldwide! There are over 1.4 million men and women in more than 200 countries and
geographic areas who work together to answer the needs
that challenge communities around the world.
Whenever a Lions club gets together, problems get smaller. And communities get better. That's because we help where help is needed – in our own communities and around the world – with unmatched integrity and energy.
We're the largest service club in the world - and we're also one of the most effective.
We get the job done.
The Oxford Lions Club provides resources and performs services to the local community, including:
- College scholarships for college-bound high school seniors;
- Vision screenings;
- Sponsoring Dan Patch Days every September (weekend after Labor Day);
- Eyeglass and Hearing Aid recycling program;
Collectively, Lions Clubs International recently:
Everywhere we work, we make friends. With children who need schoolbooks, with seniors who need transportation and with people we may never meet. We're led by talented, dedicated volunteer leaders from around the world. And, we're supported by the Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF), which helps to fund Lions humanitarian projects. The International Headquarters for both Lions Clubs International and the LCIF is in Oak Brook, Illinois, USA.
- Brought 3,000 volunteers together to build a playground for children of all abilities in California.
- Fed 60,000 people in a township in South Africa. It's something Lions do there every day.
- Sent a team of eye surgeons to Honduras to treat more than 100 adults and children.